Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Boy's Own

Our favourite quote machine Michael O'Leary, boisterous boss of Ryanair, was recently the subject of an anthology of his verbal pearls. Here for your delight we repeat them:

On tourism...
"I don't give a toss where people want to go. I'm in the business of creating a market for people to go where they have never heard of."

On Security...
"You don't see the government confiscating lipsticks and gel-filled bras on the London Underground. Most of them couldn't identify a gel-filled bra if it jumped up and bit them."

On Low Fares...
"Germans would crawl bollock naked over broken glass for them."

On the Threats to Ryanair...
"Nuclear war in Europe, a major accident, or believing our own bullshit."

On Travel Agents...
"Take the fuckers out and shoot them."

On Flying...
"I'm not a cloud bunny. I am not an aerosexual. I don't like aeroplanes. I never wanted to be a pilot like those other goons who populate the air industry."

On What Motivates him...
"I would have murdered, I would have gone through concrete walls to make money."

Remebering the time he ran a newsagents and opened it on Christmas Day to sell batteries and chocolates a treble the normal price...
"I never had a sexual experience in my life like it."

On BA's starting up 'Go'...
"They must be smoking too much dope."

The best way to settle his differences with Aer Rianta...
"With Semtex, preferably during a board meeting."

Regarding the possibility of trans-Atlantic service by Ryanair...
"In economy no frills, in business class it'ss all be free - including the blowjobs."

On his wedding day, asked if the bride would be late...
"Yes, she's flying Aer Lingus."

On fatherhood...
"I'm taking the Ryanair approach - subcontracting everything."

On himself...
"I'm probably just an abnoxious little bollocks. Who cares?"

On the economy...
"We would welcome a good, deep, bloody recession for 12 to 18 months. We need one if we are going to see off some of this environmental nonsense."

On his intentions after Ryanair...
"Making the world a better place - by taking a vow of silence."

May the last one never come to pass.

No comments: